Join MPI-NM and Albuquerque lawyer, Jeffrey Mitchell, for a morning program (BREAKFAST IS INCLUDED) on everyone’s favorite topic, contracts. This session will be a mix of the legal basics of contracts in the hospitality business and, in particular, contracts pertaining to meeting planning and events. Some of it will be a refresher on the nuts and bolts of how to form a valid contract. Additionally, we will take an in depth look at contracts pertaining to meeting space and group room contracts. We’ll cover:
1. The two basic types of valid business contracts
2. The four essential components that must be present to create a valid contract
3. The consequences of breaching an enforceable contract
4. How to avoid legal difficulties related to contracts before they arise
5. Contract clauses commonly utilized in hospitality contracts
6. Important forms of meeting space contracts used in lodging operations
7. Important forms of group rooms contracts used in lodging operations
Venue tours will be available after the program.
This program is pending approval for 1.00 CE clock hour
Presented by Jeffrey Mitchell
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN SOON!